How to have a radiant skin with Body Polishing
You have pampered your face many times with facials and spas, and what not? But have you ever realized that your body, exposed to dirt and pollution every day, needs the same attention too? Now you do! The sheer amount of pimples, dead skin, and bumps on your body is a sign enough that it’s time for you to consider the art of body polishing.
Since your body experiences somewhat similar exposure to your face, it also needs proper cleansing. Dead husks must be removed and the surface cleaned to prevent build-up, thus avoiding further damage! That is why body polish is your savior!
- What is body polishing?
- The benefits of body polish
- Ways to polish the body at home
- Precautions for polishing the body.
What is body polishing?
The first question arise here is What is body polishing?It is nothing more than a technique to cleanse the entire body with a suitable cream that exfoliates and hydrates the skin, thus opening multiple pores. Helps the skin to breathe and promotes blood circulation. The cream used primarily contains salt, sugar, or another type of grain that often works as the perfect scrub.
Benefits of body polishing
- Promotes Cell Growth: Exfoliating the skin using body polish techniques not only removes accumulated dirt in the pores, but also stimulates the growth of new cells. Gentle scrubs that contain sugar, salt, coffee grounds, or even oatmeal are a beneficial ingredient for removing unwanted blemishes, thus revealing layers of healthy, radiant skin.
- Reduces Pigmentation: Getting rid of pigmentation can be a big task, especially when the spots are slightly prominent. A clearer complexion can be achieved through chemical and natural ingredients using benefits of body polishing methods. It also removes impurities and also reduces melanin production.
- Rejuvenates the skin: When it comes to living in an overactive and polluted environment, the skin tends to become dull and lifeless. This is when your skin requires a body polishing session. Gently rubbing the skin with a suitable agent helps remove dead skin cells, bringing out the natural glow.
- Hydration of the skin: The peeling process that opens the pores of the skin must also be closed to prevent further accumulation of dirt. Moisturizing agents such as essential oils and body soaps that are used to hydrate your skin by polishing the body help close these pores by penetrating deep into your skin, thus giving it a smooth and smooth surface.
- Stimulates Blood Flow: Body Polish Scrub and Massage help constant stimulation of blood flow and help skin glow. It also removes toxins and unwanted substances, thus improving the texture of the skin and providing a natural and healthy glow!
Tip: use the body polishing at least once a month.
Ways for Body Polishing at home
Strawberry Sugar Scrub: Take a handful of strawberries and mix them into a paste. Add 4 to 5 tablespoons of sugar and a little almond oil. Mix it well to form a thick paste. Apply this on your body, let it dry for 10 minutes and then wash it off. Strawberries are a good source of alphy hydroxy acid, while sugar is a natural source of glycolic acid. Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E, and all this together helps in an incredible body exfoliation.
Sea salt and vitamin E: You can polish the body at home with sea salt and vitamin E, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of vitamin E oil to 2 to 3 cups of sugar. To this, add 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey and finally the required amount of baby oil to form a paste. Apply the paste all over the body and massage. Sea salt works as an excellent exfoliator and vitamin E oil is an excellent antioxidant. Honey has antibacterial properties, thus avoiding unnecessary skin eruptions. Baby oil makes your skin glow and smooth.
Baking Soda and Coconut Oil: The body can be easily polished with simple kitchen ingredients like baking soda and coconut oil. Add half a cup of baking soda to half a cup of fresh lemon juice and mix well. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and a few drops of lavender essential oil. Give it the ultimate mix and your body polishing cream is ready! Apply this on your body and wash it off after 10 minutes. The combination of baking soda and lemon juice cleanses the skin very effectively and also has skin lightening properties. Coconut oil is a great moisturizer and lavender oil leaves a calming effect on the skin and mind.
Oatmeal and Grape seed Oil: Add a cup of powdered oatmeal to half a cup of sea salt. Add grape seed oil, just enough to form a thick paste. You can also add any of your favorite essential oils. There, the body polishing at home mixture is ready in a few minutes. Apply this on your body and massage gently for a few minutes before rinsing off. Oatmeal is a good cleanser, exfoliator, and massager. Grape seed oil, which is rich in vitamin C, D, and E, has incredible benefits for your skin.
Avocado Oil and Sugar : Take two cups of sugar. We take two medium cucumber slices, mix them well and add the formed pulp to the sugar. Add enough avocado oil to create a body polish paste. This paste works on all skin types. Cucumber contains 96% water, which is an excellent hydration factor for the skin. Avocado oil is a great source of antioxidants, essential fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins. Plus, it also has incredible penetrating power, providing a hydration boost.
Tip: See if a specific body polishing method works for you by testing a patch before applying it completely.
Precautions for body polishing
These are the precautions for body polishing you should take.
- Anyone with fragile, sunburned skin should refrain from undergoing a body polish treatment because any harsh, rough, or hard skin can damage the skin.
- If you suffer from a disease such as cancer, it is advisable not to opt for body polishes to avoid a skin reaction of any kind.
- If you choose a homemade scrub, be sure to eliminate any allergic reactions that may occur to the natural ingredients so that your skin remains safe and rash-free.
- Look for any side effects during the body polishing treatment when chemicals are present as this can leave harmful effects if the skin is new to them.
- Make sure to wear sunscreen after receiving your body polish treatment every time you go out in the sun to avoid direct sunlight.
- Refrain from using bar soap after receiving a body polish treatment, as soap tends to dry out the skin and therefore removes all traces of hydration.
Tip: Take all of these body polishing precautions to make sure you don’t experience too many side effects.