Natural remedies for hair loss
Our hair is basically our ‘crowning glory’. It is true that our hair tresses make our style and personality and losing hair makes us worry and affects our self-esteem badly, mostly women as they are fond of their hair. Take a step in the right direction for your hair and use natural home remedies to help control the hair fall. Some of the causes of hair loss include the following:
1. Nutritional deficiencies
You are nutritionally deficient if a few essential nutrients are missing from your diet. These nutrients include Iron, copper, zinc, proteins etc. Vitamin D deficiency may also cause loss of hair. You should get out in the sun to get more Vitamin D.
2. Hormonal Imbalance
Most women experience hormonal imbalances which are a major cause of hair loss. It is caused by excessive dihydrotestosterone (DHT) conversion. The testosterone and other androgens home remedies for hair loss such as DHEA are also produced in the female body.
3. Thyroid problem
When the thyroid gland either produces an excessive or insufficient amount of the thyroid hormone, then this may result in a change in the hair growth cycle.
4. Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
Women who have PCOS basically have a hormonal imbalance that leads to the creation of higher levels of androgens than normal. Due to this, the hair grows more on the face and the body but hair on the head grows thin. This often causes hair to grow on the face and body, while the hair on the head grows thinner.
5. Birth Control Pills
Birth control pills can be a reason for hair loss. The hormones in the pill basically just suppress the ovulation which causes hair to thin. Hair loss can also occur after stopping the intake of the pill.
Taking Extreme stress may cause hair loss that can even last for several months. You can minimize your stress through exercise, meditation yoga and massages.
7. Hairstyling products
If you use too much colouring or styling products such as dyes, strengtheners, curling irons etc, then it may damage your hair excessively which ultimately leads to hair loss.
Following are the many Natural Remedies To Treat Hair Fall:
1. Egg mask
Eggs are rich in sulphur, zinc, protein etc. That helps to promote the growth of hair. Add one teaspoon olive oil and one tsp of honey to it.
2. Beat to make a paste and apply it on hair from root to tips.
3. Rinse your hair with shampoo after 20 mins.
2. Liquorice root
It is a herb that prevents hair fall. It helps us to get rid of the dry flaky scalp or dandruff.
To prepare the mask,
1. Add one tbsp of ground liquorice root and a pinch of saffron to one cup of milk.
2. Apply this to the scalp and the length and leave it overnight
3. Wash the hair in the morning and repeat twice a week
3. Coconut Milk
It helps to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss.
To prepare the milk,
1. Grate coconut and let it simmer in a pan for five minutes.
2. Strain and cool.
3. Add one tbsp of crushed black pepper and fenugreek seeds in it.
4. Apply to the scalp and hair.
5. Rinse with shampoo after coconut.
4. Green tea
Green tea is antioxidant-rich that helps boost hair growth.
1. First Soak two or three teabags in one-two cups of hot water as per hair length.
2. Cool it and pour on your scalp and hair, and massage.
3. After an hour, rinse with cool water, home remedies for frizzy hair.
5. Beetroot juice
Beetroot is rich in vitamins C and B6, folate, etc. It is a detoxification agent that helps keep the scalp clean.
1. Boil 7-8 beetroot leaves and grind it with 5-6 henna leaves.
2. Apply the paste on the scalp. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes then rinse with warm water.
6. Greek yoghurt and honey
1. In a bowl, mix 2tbsp yoghurt, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp lemon.
2. Apply the paste on the scalp
3. Leave for 30 mins and rinse with cold water
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is the best remedy for hair loss and for hair growth. It helps reduce itching of scalp and flaking.
1. Extract the pulp of Aloe Vera
2. Apply this to your scalp and hair. Leave for 45 mins.
3. Rinse with water. Do it twice or thrice a week.
8. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek or Methi seed helps in the hair loss treatment. It repairs the hair follicles.
1. Soak the fenugreek seeds in water overnight
2. Grind it and apply to your hair and scalp.
3. Leave the paste for 30 minutes.
4. Rinse with water without using a shampoo
5. To stop hair fall, do this twice a week
9. Onion juice
The juice of onions has many antibacterial properties that help us to fight against scalp infections. It promotes the growth of hair and controls hair loss.
1. Grind the onion and squeeze the juice out.
2. Apply the juice on the scalp using a cotton ball
3. Leave for 20 to 30 minutes and wash with a mild shampoo.
4. Do it once a week
Indian Gooseberry or Amla helps to stop hair loss. Eating amla will help to strengthen the hair follicles. It has many anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties as well. Amla also helps prevent premature greying.
1. Make a paste of lime juice and amla powder.
2. Massage it on the scalp and hair.
3. Use a shower cap so that it does not get dry.
4. After an hour, rinse it with normal water.
Follow a Healthy Diet For Healthy Hair
The secret behind healthy, long, shiny hair is definitely a healthy diet, apart from all the shampoos and treatments that play a little role in maintaining your hair. You should include these foods in your diet for healthy tresses.
Deficiency of Iron is the major cause of falling hair. Spinach contains iron, vitamin A, C and protein among various other nutrients that help to maintain a healthy scalp and shiny hair.
Carrots are good for the eyes and contain Vitamin A that helps the growth of hair. A deficiency of it may lead to problems like the dry and itchy scalp. Eating carrots help to add thickness to hair, strengthen it and protect it from pollution etc.
Our hair is made up of 68% keratin protein. Eggs are rich in protein and help rebuild the hair. It contains biotin that also helps in the growth of hair.
Oats contains fibre, zinc, iron, omega-6 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) that helps hair growth and keeps hair healthy.
Walnuts are rich in biotin, B vitamins (B1, B6 and B9), Vitamin E, protein and magnesium that helps to strengthen hair and nourishes the scalp. It protects the cells from DNA damage.
Lentils are rich in protein, iron, zinc, and biotin. They also contain folic acid which is important to restore the health of red blood cells that supply the skin and scalp with oxygen.
Chicken is rich in high-quality protein that strengthens the thin hair and prevents breakage of hair.
Silica is a mineral that is vital for hair growth and strawberries are rich in it. Other sources of silica include rice, oats, onion, cabbage, cucumber and cauliflower.
Yoghurt is rich in is Vitamin B5 and D that helps to keeps the hair follicle healthy.
10. Sweet potato
Sweet potatoes contain Beta carotene that protects hair from getting dry and dull and helps to stimulate the glands in the scalp to secrete an oily fluid called sebum. Sources of beta carotene include carrots, pumpkin, cantaloupe, mangoes and sweet potatoes. Home remedy for hair loss