Naturopathy is a form of health care that combines the latest treatment with traditional methods. Such treatment often focuses on diet, exercise, and stress management. Naturopathy treats patients with chronic diseases in relatively less time than any other form of medicine. Naturopathic medicine is a system that uses natural remedies to help the body heal itself. It includes many treatments, including herbs, massage, acupuncture, exercise, and nutritional counseling. Also, focus on diet, physical activity, and stress management.
How does Naturopathy work and what are its principles?
The goal of naturopathic medicine is to treat the whole person, that is, the mind, body, and spirit. In addition, it aims to treat the root causes of the illness, not just treating the symptoms. Such practitioners examine the patient thoroughly by taking a medical history, daily routine, dietary and lifestyle habits. Test reports also help in diagnosing the root cause.
The human body consists of billions of cells hence cells are the building blocks of a living being. So, they give structure to the body, take nutrients from food, convert those nutrients into energy, and perform specialized functions. Cells are capable of self-repair and regeneration. Dead or damaged cells are replaced daily and automatically in your body. The digestive system constantly replaces the old cells with newer cells.
There are 6 guiding principles that naturopathic doctors follow. These principles assist in clinical decisions. Naturopathy believes in self-healing or the healing power of nature.
Tips for a healthy lifestyle
Here are some Naturopathy tips for a healthy lifestyle that you must consider:
1. Start your day with a cup of Luke warm water. Half a lemon can be added.
2. Followed by some yogasanas like surya namaskar and other stretching exercises.
3. Breathing exercises like alternate nostril breathing, abdominal breathing are used for stress management and relaxation.
4. Hot and cold water contrast in the shower. This improves blood circulation and helps eliminate toxins.
5. Consume soaked almonds and raisins for instant energy.
6. Apply castor oil on the upper right portion of the abdomen to promote detoxification.
7. Eat nutritious food at regular intervals to keep your metabolism levels stimulated.
8. Spend time with nature, read books over mobile and television. Sun exposure is necessary for vit. D and secretion of happy hormones.
9. Early to bed, early to rise to keep hormones in balance.
10. To reduce anxiety and promote relaxation, try breathing exercises before going to bed.
11. Keep some time for a morning or night walk.
12. Avoid heavy dinner meals to reduce pressure on the digestive system.
13. Include green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits in your diet. Avoid refined sugar and excess carbohydrates.
14. Include probiotics like yogurt in your diet to improve gut health.
15. Include superfoods like pumpkin, sunflower, chia seeds in your diet. These can be added in salads and smoothies as a mid-day meal.
16. Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
17. Include adequate protein and fiber in the diet.
18. Follow naturopathic tips on a regular basis, avoid medicines, and maintain a healthy lifestyle.