Pregnancy is an exciting time in life, it is also a challenging period for women. The changes your body goes through and the fear of enduring labor pains are overwhelming. Every woman wants to be fully prepared for this important milestone in her life and does not want to make a mistake under any circumstances. So if you want to be well-prepared too, you are on the right page as we have collated a list of pregnancy books and parenting that you can go through.
Just as no two mothers are alike, similarly no two pregnancies can be the same. The lucky ones have a smooth delivery and come back easily, while others have to go the extra mile with unexpected complications, slow physical recovery, and postpartum depression.
1. Passport to a Healthy Pregnancy (Revised and Updated)
An indispensable book for understanding, treating, and enjoying the different stages of pregnancy. This book demystifies pregnancy through easy-to-understand language and generous illustrations. Hence, by focusing on Indian couples, it will allow the pregnant woman and her partner to continue the pregnancy with confidence.
2. Your Pregnancy Week-by-week (Hamlyn Health S)
Revealing that you are pregnant can be exciting and scary at the same time. There will be hundreds of questions you want to be answered. This reliable pregnancy book tells you everything you need to know in an easy-to-understand and reassuring way. It includes
- A detailed, week-by-week guide to your baby’s physical, mental, and sensory development from conception to birth.
- Life-size artwork, uterus images, and the latest 3D ultrasounds to show you how your baby is changing and growing
- Tips on health, emotional well-being, prenatal care, diet and exercise to keep you and your baby in tip-top shape.
- Expert insights plus practical parenting stories from readers provide the latest authoritative description of what women are really experiencing and wanting to know.
- Explanations and tips about labor and delivery to make sure you are well-prepared for the big day.
3. Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!
Any woman seeking accurate, reliable, and trustworthy pregnancy information will appreciate this world-class Mayo Clinic book. The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy offers hundreds of pages of in-depth information that new parents will find helpful and informative. Features include weekly updates on a baby’s development, monthly changes a mother can expect. In addition to the above, a forty-week pregnancy calendar, as well as a symptom guide and review of important pregnancy decisions.
In this pregnancy book, you will also find tips on pregnancy and meal planning. Along with general tips on how to become a parent, this book will guide you on healthy exercise, and the safe use of medications. It is the result of a team of experts who find nothing in medicine more exciting and satisfying than the birth of a healthy baby and a healthy mother. The Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy is an essential pregnancy resource for parents.
4. Strong as a Mother: How to Stay Healthy, Happy, and (Most Importantly) Sane from Pregnancy to Parenthood: The Only Guide to Taking Care of YOU!
Kate Rope’s powerful book as a mother is a practical and emotional guide to prepare for a smooth start to motherhood. Everyone knows the secret to have the “happiest kid on the block.”
This pregnancy book is your guide to being the sane mom on the block. It will prepare you with humor and compassion for what lies ahead. It will give you the tools you need to take care of yourself. And the permission to fight at times, and professional advice on how to overcome it when you do.
This book will become a great resource on your bedside table. It will give you the same care and support that you work so hard to give your baby. It will help you prioritize your emotional health, set limits, and seek help. Also, make decisions about eating and caring for children that feel good with you. Undoubtedly it will help you sleep well, create a strong relationship with your partner. Also will assist in making self-care a daily priority & trust your instincts.
5. What to Do When you’re Having Two: The Twins Survival Guide from Pregnancy through the First Year
With nearly twice as many sets of twins today as forty years ago, what to do when you have two is fast becoming the ultimate resource for prospective parents and new parents for multiples.
Author Natalie Diaz, a mother of two fraternal twins and a world-renowned expert on multiple parenting, has launched Twiniversity. It is the world’s leading resource for twin parenting information and online support. Subsequently, her expanded version of What to Do has come. She has included new information about breastfeeding, equipment, sleeping and getting two when you already have one, plus:
- Create your own birth plan for twins,
- maintain a realistic sleep schedule,
- Management of tandem breastfeeding,
- Stock up on what you will need (and know what high-tech products are available now and what is a waste of money), and
- Establish a special relationship with each of your twins.
Apart from this its accessible and informative what to Do When you’re two is the must-have guide for all parents of twins.