Living in a polluted environment and stressful lifestyle, hair problems increase day by day. Keratin softens cells that interfere with the formation of hair strands, which means easier hair control and less frizz. This makes the hair dry with a bit of frizz and gives it a shiny and healthy look. Keratin can also reduce the appearance of split ends by temporarily pulling hair together. Below are few best homemade keratin hair treatments
1. Mayonnaise-Avacado Hair Pack
We all know Mayonnaise contains egg and its protein. This homemade keratin hair mask is the best protein hair mask that leaves hair soft and shiny.
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 ripe mashed avocado
- Beat mayo and mashed avocado until light and fluffy.
- Apply the mixture on your hair and let it sit for an hour.
- Rinse with cold water and a good mild shampoo.
- Apply a small drop of hair serum to your hair and blow dry.
- This mask can be used once a week.
2. Avocado and Coconut Milk Hair Pack
Coconut milk penetrates deep into the scalp and nourishes it. Avocado is a great source of fatty acids that help fill the scalp with the proteins necessary for hair to grow thick and long again.
- 1 Ripe Medium Sized Avocado
- 2 tbsp Coconut Milk
- Make a mixture of mashed avocado and coconut milk in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and cover it with a shower cap for at least 30 minutes.
- Emphasize on the damaged parts of your hair more than other areas.
- Rinse with cold water and squeeze out excess water.
- Dry your hair with a brush.
- Use this mask at least once a week for 2 months
3. Coconut Milk and Hibiscus hair mask
Coconut milk is rich in protein that keeps hair healthy. Hibiscus is rich in amino acids that nourish the hair and strengthen its roots. It also stimulates hair growth.
This keratin mask helps remove dryness, repair brittle hair, and prevent breakage and split ends.
- Coconut milk
- Hibiscus powder
- yogurt and
- aloe vera gel
- Mix all the ingredients and make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your hair for 30-40 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo.
4. Flaxseed hair mask
Flax seeds can be used as a homemade hair gel. Flax seeds or Alsi have the ability to straighten hair. Therefore, this flaxseed mask can work as a home keratin treatment.
- Flax seed
- Fenugreek powder or methi powder (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and let it sit overnight.
- The next day, grind well. Add more water if needed and apply to scalp and hair from root to top.
- Keep it for 30-40 minutes and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
5. Rice and coconut milk pack
Its said that rice and rice water improves hair growth. It is one of the best homemade keratin hair treatments.
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- Almond/ olive/coconut oil
- Boiled rice
- Take 1 cup of coconut milk and pour it into the rice milk.
- Add 2 tbsp of almond/ olive/ coconut oil
- Whip all the ingredients into a fine paste.
- Apply it to the hair and leave it for at least 2 hours
- Wash it with mild shampoo & conditioner.
- Apply this pack twice a month for a good result.